Honestly, when I read it on Mark's blog, it didn't seem nearly so long. I'll never know if you don't finish it all.
1) Do you always answer your phone?
Almost always. It’s still hard for me to believe that I’m allowed to let it go if I want. And we only recently got caller ID, so I never remember to check it anyway.
2) It’s four in the morning and you get a text message who is it?
I don’t have texting on my phone.
3) If you could change your eye color what would it be? I wish they were a much more vivid green (they’re kind of a murky brown/green/hazel right now).
4) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? I never get drinks. I always order water because I prefer it. I do, occasionally, get a cookies-and-cream flurry or something like that. Rarely.
5) Do you own a digital camera? Yes, and thanks to my very, very sweet DH who researched it, chose it, and bought it. I HATE purchase research.
6) Have you ever had a pet fish? No, but we had a series of polliwogs at one point. None turned into frogs; all turned into slimy messes that really, really stank.
7) Favorite Christmas song? I could never, never choose. First, there’s the ones I love to sing (“Lo How a Rose,” “The Messiah,” “The Holly and the Ivy”). Then there’s the individual singers and groups (Lenon Sisters, Roger Whittaker, Singers Unlimited, Utah Chamber Artists). Then there are moods (for present opening, for watching the snow coming down, for singing along with in the choir. Let’s just say I love lots and lots of it. (There are some, however, that I hate. Not big on the modern singers singing renditions of things that have already been done well. Not big on “Holly Jolly Christmas” and some of the others that are just silly.)
8) What’s on your wish list for your birthday? Amazing, shining, vibrant good health.
9) Can you do push ups? Not now (coming off of some bad health issues), but a couple of years ago I made it to 100 (girl-style).
10) Can you do a chin up? No. How I would love to be strong, though.
11) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Currently, nervous. Once I get feeling better, things will look up, though.
12) Do you have any saved texts? No texts.
13) Ever been in a car wreck? Hallelujah, no. One or two tiny fender-benders.
14) Do you have an accent? I don’t think so, but once I was a receptionist on BYU campus, and a professor came in, waiting to see someone in my office. After watching me for a while, he said, “One of your parents was raised in Philadelphia.” Amazing! I think, but I’m not sure, that it was Don Norton.
15) What is the last song to make you cry? Some sappy music at the pre-trek seminar in Wyoming for those of us lucky enough to be planning trek.
16) Plans tonight? Sit the kids in front of the tube and lie down with a book.
17) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? Several times. (Guess I keep being wrong, then, eh?)
18) Name 3 things you bought yesterday? A co-pay at the ER. Apple juice and a bagel.
19) Have you ever been given roses? Yes. The very best time was when my husband showed up at the airport with them after we had been apart for about six weeks.
20) Current worry? Health.
21) Current hate right now? Cold.
22) Met someone who changed your life? So many! It makes me happy to think about it.
23) How did you bring in the New Year? I think we went to bed and let the kids stay up without us.
24) What song represents you? These days: “I Need Thee Every Hour.”
25) Name three people who might complete this? Are there even three people who read this blog? Then I name all three of you.
26) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? bathroom (duh, I’ve had four kids)
27) If I were 10 yrs younger: I would never ever ever take my health for granted.
28) What is your salad dressing of choice? Newman’s Italian or Brianna’s poppy seed.
29) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Sad—I have no idea. For us, it’s Café Rio as often as anything on a date. We’ve enjoyed some nice ones in the past, but it’s been so long that I can’t remember them . . .
30) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Probably Café Rio’s chicken enchiladas.
31) What are your pizza toppings of choice? Veggie (but no pineapple or olive), although I almost always end up eating cheese because no one at my house wants veggie and the alternative is pepperoni, which I don’t like. You can’t even pick it off, because it leaves its greasy little oil taste behind.
32) What do you like to put on your toast? Butter and cinnamon sugar.
33) How many televisions are in your house? Two in use, plus one in a closet for genera conference and one in the spare room for only Grandpa to use.
34) What color cell phone do you have? Silver. Is this really interesting to anyone?
35) Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right.
36) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Yep. Various, usual items.
37) What is the last heavy item you lifted? A bookshelf (with hubby).
38) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No, but I’ve passed out.
39) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Absolutely not.
40) If you could change your name what would you change it to? Anne.
41) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? No way. There is no way I would ever do something on purpose to make my body sick. Can’t even justify extreme amusement park rides anymore. Illness will do it to ya.
42) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? One, and they’re really cool because they actually have arch support (sketchers).
43) Last time you had a run-in with the cops? I don’t think I ever have. Oh yeah—when we somehow miscommunicated and I showed up with my cub scout den for a tour of the department on the wrong day.
44) Last person you talked to? Yet another “helpful” employee at my credit union-of-perpetual-banking-errors.
45) Last person you hugged? My cute littlest before he skipped across the playground.
46) Favorite Season? Autumn, though I think that’s changing because I can’t shake the sense of impending doom it brings.
47) Favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving.
48) Favorite day of the week? This, more than probably anything else, tells me that I am finally exactly where I want to be in life. I like every day equally. This has only been the case in the last year or two.
49) Favorite month? September.
50) First place you went this morning? 5:30 a.m. dropping oldest off at running practice.
51) What’s the last movie you saw? Toy Story 3, although I’ve watched a few old episodes of 30 Rock since then.
52) Do you smile often? Not enough, which is a great disappointment to me. I’m disgusted with myself about that.