Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blast for Nie Nie

Well, I had a fantastic time yesterday at our book-release/fundraiser for Nie Nie. Knowing her (well, knowing her sister, anyway), I'm sure she would be happy that we had so dang much fun. I don't have pictures yet, but here's a link to the KSL news story about us and here's one to the Deseret News article.

I need to say thanks to so many people! Thanks to Barbara, who gave me the idea (and the template) for a press release to get the news people there. Thanks to Kristi and Melinda, my writing compadres who came a long way to support me! Thanks to Stephen, who is really trying to make a bridge in the LDS writing community. (And here's hoping we'll hear from Noelle soon . . . ) Thanks to my mother-in-law, who commissioned me to buy a book for her. Thanks to the hundreds of other people who came! And thanks to my Segullah sisters who are so very much fun to hang out with and who gave me my first chance to be in HARDBACK!!!!!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Okay, did you notice how during the KSL story, you were in pretty much every clip? You are a camera magnet! You looked stunning BTW. I can tell that you are feeling so much better. It really shows. You were glowing! Also, on the way home I realized that never again can you tell me what you did at the park: that maybe you are not a writer. Because the FIRST thing I thought when I saw you behind the table w/pen in hand was this: Darlene is totally a writer, I can't even believe she would think that she wasn't...

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm so glad your event got coverage from the media. It was definitely a news worth event! Good luck with the book!

nurselynn said...

Wonderful coverage Dar! You did look very natural signing books, I know it won't be the last time. This book is fantastic.
It touches so many tender areas of motherhood. Well done Segullah Sisters!

Anonymous said...

I thought that with my flight coming in at 10 AM, I might make it to the event -- but I didn't factor in not getting any sleep on the flight, having been in the same clothes for over 24 hours, and not having any clean underwear. (Not that I'm complaining about having gotten to follow Dean to a conference in Hawaii, mind you.) Sorry to have missed it -- it sounds like it was great fun.