Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's here!


Voila our book!

I'm really excited about this. It's just the kind of book that would have helped me a ton when I was a new mother. None of that vague "motherhood is the highest, holiest calling" stuff--this is real, not-ignoring-the-struggles stuff--and yet it manages to instill hope and remind me why I made the choice to become a mother. I'm enjoying these essays for the first time because I wouldn't let myself read them in draft form before publication. (There are no essays by me--just five or so poems.) And these are amazing essays! I'm so proud to be association with these girls.

My only (teeny, tiny) complaint is that for the price they're charging ($19.95), I wish that they had worked a little harder on getting the resolution right on the gorgeous photos that Maralise took. I saw the photos in their digital version and they are breathtaking. But someone screwed up somewhere in the production and several of them are grainy or smudgy-looking. That's too bad for such a beautiful book.
.

No comments: