Friday, July 27, 2007

By request . . .

Sharlee's Triple Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe:

1 pkg. Devil’s Food or Swiss Chocolate cake mix
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
½ cup hot water
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla (Darlene's top secret modification: 1 t. vanilla and 1/2 t. almond flavoring)
1 pkg Hershey’s mini-Kisses (Sharlee says, "It has to be mini-Kisses; regular ole’ chocolate chips just won’t do." I've made it with chocolate chips and it was still yummy. But the mini Kisses are divine.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan. Combine cake mix, pudding, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in mini-Kisses. Pour batter into bundt pan. Bake 1 hour. Allow to cool before turning out onto plate. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.

Let me tell you, my friends, this cake is to die for. If you bring it, you are always welcome at my house. (Well, you are anyway. But I'm just saying.) And by the way, the very best way to eat this cake is along with something salty (like popcorn) in the company of really cool women (like Segullah chics).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I made this for dessert last night and it was a hit!(I also ate it for breakfast this morning, but that's okay, because I went walking before that.)

Muy bueno!

Melinda