Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bucket List

My Bucket List


I love the idea of making a bucket list, especially since (as you probably know) I have been afraid of dying young ever since my mother's cancer returned. My mother was 43 when she died; her mother was only 34. Both died of female-related cancers (Ovarian and Breast). Understandably, I was happy to see the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway going on. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share fifteen things that they want to live to accomplish. Check out TodaysMama.com for details on how to enter. 



I've kept a bucket list in my mind for years, but it's time to write it down. The first one is a no-brainer, so I won't even write it on the list:  to outlive my mother! Here are the rest, in no particular order:



1.  Learn to speak Spanish.

2.  Sing a solo in church. (YIKES! This one will take a while.)

3.  Get a Master's degree.

4.  Publish a novel.

5.  Travel across the ocean with my husband (Scotland? Tahiti?)

6.  Serve a mission with my husband.

7. Work as a teacher.

8.  Run a half-marathon.

9.  Publish a collection of poetry.

10.  Be able to do twenty FULL YOGA push-ups.

11.  Visit Epcott Center with my husband.

12.  Make some close couple-friends that we could travel with regularly.

13.  Travel across the country in a motorhome with my husband.

14.  Learn to meditate for REAL.

15.  Win an AML award for writing.


And there are more—take a square-dancing class. Eat at The Melting Pot restaurant. Visit Roger's mission area. And probably lots more! How about I stick around for a while?

No comments: